The long awaited, highly anticipated sophomore album has come! This are my thoughts and reactions from the first listen!
1. Roman Holiday – Quirky, fun and bit creepy! Everytime I hear this song, I only see the exorcist performance from the MTV VMA! With rhymes coming out like she’s trying to cast a spell and monastry monk singing vocals. The song is all over the place! But very fun.
2. Come On A Cone – First thought, the beat is super sick! Starts out going hard and then a weird chorus that made me laugh…then back into going hard in her rhymes! And ROFL she has a bit part towards the end where she really SANG a little something and goodness gracious that was hilarity to the max…something i’d say to someone I don’t like.
3. I Am Your Leader – A LA “Mind On My Money” from Beam Me Up Scotty Mixtape. A super bad track, definitely worth a window roll down with the volume turned up =) Ft Rick Ross and Cam’ron (yeah right? like where the fuck did he come from?) I personally don’t care for Rick Ross, eh whatever. Oh snap, Cam’ron is beasting on his part I love. Chorus is very reminicent of Gwen Stefani – The Sweet Escape
4. Beez In The Trap – OMG I LOVE THIS SONG…simple beat and no frills! I beez beez in the trap! She sounds super cute and innocent on the chorus. Ft. 2 Chainz, he’s not bad. He was a good selection for this track. I really love how she flows on this track, the fact that it’s simple she can change it up, like how Drake serves on his tracks.
5. Hov Lane – All around good song! Nothing to special to rave about. All I thought about was dancing. *Shrugs
6. Roman Reloaded – BANG BANG, She really served this track and is letting everyone know she’s the one on top! And all the rest are straight bums. Ft Lil Wayne, okay I was hoping for some stupid ass, nonsense lyrics but he was pretty hot on this track! The gun cock reloading was a bit irritating.
7. Champion – OMG old school hip hop beat! A LA “Keys Under Palm Trees” from the Beam Me Up Scotty Mixtape. Chorus kinda of threw me off! But nice…ft DRAKEEEE UGH OMG DRAAAKKKEEE I LOVVEEE, he killed it and that is all! Also ft Young Jeezy, his raspy ass voice..it’s okay…humm. And ft NAS, wow haven’t heard from him a long while as well, not memorable.
8. Right By My Side – Very RNB and Nicki is singing on this track, ooh very catchy I like a lot! The beat is sick as well. Ft Chris Brown…ooh yass he brought his A game! He is so talented I love it! Ooh Nicki on her 2nd verse, so sick! One of my faves!
9. Sex In The Lounge – Another RNB song, nice and slow with a bit of swag. Ft Bobby V, he has a very sexy voice, he needs to release more music! Ft Lil Wayne, “dirty mouth? Clean it up!” – Orbit gum girl voice. hehe but it made me smile. =P
10. Starships – Produced by RedOne, first thought was Jessie J “Domino” A dance produced beat, this shit makes me want to shuffle all around my room! AHAHA fun! Fun song!
11. Pound The Alarm – Aqua? (yeah the Barbie Girl band) that’s all I thought of! Another danced produced beat by RedOne…okay, I want to shuffle right now. I won’t be surprised to hear this track in the club! Very A LA DeadMou5 as well.
12. Whip It – OH GOOD GOD…makes me want to go to a rave!! SO SO MUCH FUN! Damn you RedOne! YASS THIS BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER CLUB BANGER!! LOVES =)
13. Automatic – Another dance song…but eh! Heard this type of produced track already…did like the break down a bit…reminds me of Madonna’s Vogue
14. Beautiful Sinner – The beat is pretty sick…another dance song! Can be a club banger this one!
15. Marilyn Monroe – RNB, ballad type of song. I really like this song!
16. Young Forever – OH SHIZ I LOVE THIS SONG!! Reminds me of the pop music hay day! The beat is crazy! I love it! Okay this reminded me Britney Spears straight up and lookie lookie this was produced by Dr. Luke!
17. Fire Burns – Sounds a bit hurt and hateful! I like it! Okay no joke this reminded me of “Girlfriend” by Billie Piper idk but it did!
18. Gun Shot – A fun RNB song, I really like it “YOLO” she says!! UGHH YASS She singing with a bit of her Jamaican accent! I love this song! Very catchy! Ft Beenie Man!! zigga za lol girls them suga! lol I liked him on this track! YOLO BITCHES
19. Stupid Hoe – Okay this song already grew on me and I love it…that is all!
A bit of Roman, a bit of Old Nicki and a bit new Nicki? A lot of “singing” I rather hear her rap. All in all the album doesn’t speak to me as GREAT but this was the first listen and all. But alot of good songs so i’m sure I will end up loving this entire album!
Your favorites and thoughts?